Explicitly prohibited are:
- decompiling and reconstructing HUP Apps
- redistributing, transferring, sublicensing, lending or renting HUP solutions to third parties
- copying (except for backup copies)
- modifying or creating derivative works based on HUP Solutions
Downloading HUP Apps
After downloading HUP Apps from the App Stores of any kind (Apple, Google, …) the user is obliged to the following:
The terms and conditions of HUP GmbH apply exclusively, not those of the stores from which HUP apps are downloaded.
Use of location data
Notices and warnings from HUP
In the case of enabled push notifications, additional fees may apply depending on the type, scope and mobile carrier.
Content provided by you
You are responsible for content you upload yourself, such as images, texts and other information, and are liable for any legal violations, in particular usage rights.
Without any obligation, we have the right to review content and change or delete it at our discretion. We also reserve the right, without being obligated to do so, to take action and investigate if any content you post violates any law or the rights of others.
What you are also not allowed to do
You are not permitted to do the following:
- The commercial use of the my-buddy-app.
- The monitoring (location tracking) of third parties
- Attack or spy on HUP apps and services by technical means.
- Use HUP apps and services for purposes other than those specified by HUP.
- Transmitting or publishing content that infringes on
- Infringe, misappropriate or violate patents, trade secrets, copyrights, moral rights, trademark or other intellectual property rights, or rights of privacy or publicity
- violate any law or regulation or incite such violations or give rise to civil liability
- is misleading, false, fraudulent or inappropriate for any purpose
- are obscene, vulgar, defamatory, libelous or pornographic
- discriminate against any group or person or promote hatred and racism or bigotry
- are threatening or menacing with violence or action promote harmful or unlawful substances and actions
- encourage or enable third parties to perform any of the above.
If we are notified of copyright infringement by the copyright owner or its agent, we will remove or disable access to that content. If you believe that this is unjustified, please notify us in writing. Please include supporting documentation that legitimizes you as the author or author’s representative and fully identify yourself by providing your contact information.
Links to third parties
Liability for links
HUP offers can contain links to offers of third parties, on whose contents we have no influence. Therefore, we cannot assume any liability for these third-party contents. The respective provider or operator of the pages is always responsible for the content of the linked pages. The linked pages were checked for possible legal violations at the time of linking. Illegal contents were not recognizable at the time of linking.
However, a permanent control of the contents of the linked pages is not reasonable without concrete evidence of a violation of the law. If we become aware of any infringements, we will remove such links immediately.
You acknowledge and help us protect our proprietary rights and those of our partners. If we use ideas, suggestions or recommendations (generally feedback) from you to improve our products and services, HUP will not be obligated to do so. By providing feedback, you grant us a worldwide, irrevocable, fully paid-up, perpetual, royalty-free license to use the intellectual property rights.
The App and the Services only warn you about the loss of your personal items that have been connected to the App via Bluetooth and assist you in retrieving them. We cannot exclude a loss of things occurring nevertheless and exclude any liability resulting from the use of the App and/or the Services.
Except to the extent required by law, including producer liability legislation, and with the exception of liability arising from personal injury or death resulting from negligence or fraud, we are not responsible for any lost profits, revenue or data, cost of substitute goods or services, regardless of the theory of liability, associated with or arising from these Terms or use of the Products, Apps or Services, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. To the extent permitted by law, our total liability for any claim relating to or arising out of these Terms or your use of the Products, Apps or Services is limited to the amount you paid for the Product in the 12 months before the claim arose.
German law applies.
In disputes that we cannot resolve by mutual agreement, we refer you to the EU online dispute resolution platform.
Should individual provisions of this contract be invalid or void in whole or in part or become invalid or void in whole or in part as a result of a change in the legal situation or as a result of supreme court rulings or in any other way, or should this contract contain any gaps, the parties agree that the remaining provisions of this contract shall remain unaffected and valid. In this case, the contracting parties undertake, taking into account the principle of good faith, to agree on a valid provision in place of the invalid provision which comes as close as possible to the meaning and purpose of the invalid provision and which it can be assumed that the parties would have agreed on at the time of conclusion of the contract if they had known or foreseen the invalidity or ineffectiveness. The same shall apply if this contract should contain a loophole.
If you have any questions regarding these terms and conditions, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Am alten Bahnhof 4B